Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WE ARE HOME SIX MONTHS TODAY






I can't believe how fast time flies. The past six years have flown by in a very painful but, also an exciting way. From the loss of Kyle and Tim a little over six years ago to the three year wait for Emma. At times my life has dragged on forever and at times it has seemed to have flown by. I miss my boys terribly and the past six years have been very painful to have gone through and now, we have been home with Emma six months today. I can't believe it. Like I said, time has stood still and now it has flown by since Emma has been home. Now is the time that I wish time would stand still. I love what I have right now and want to keep Emma just the way she is. I know that she has to grow up and become a woman but, I just want to enjoy everything that I Have right now. I love everything about her and I am enjoying every minute of her. I love to hear her laugh and giggle. It makes me feel that she is OK. I love to go into her room in the morning and see her big smile when I walk in. I love the smell of her. I love when she signs I love you. I love to put her to bed when she is so dependent on me and just wants to lay in my arms feeling so secure. I love to hear the sound of her sucking her finger while she hums her own little tune. I know that is the way she comforted herself while in the orphanage. She has been the best gift that I could ever been giving the privileged to have. I am so lucky that China picked Emma for us. At times I can't believe that they picked the right child to fit right into our family. She fits into every part of our lives. She is such an easy going child and just goes with the flow. We are so fortunate to have her.
Emma has changed in so many ways since we have been home. You would never know that she is the same baby that we picked up in China. She doesn't even look the same. She has grown and changed so much. She now has hair and an incredible personality.
Emma was such a tiny, skinny, scared little baby when we got her. To see how much she has changed in just six months is incredible. She has grown into a little toddler and seems to love where she is at. She loves to sing and play.
To know that six months ago today, in a little over an hour from now we landed in Manchester with Emma. We had so many people waiting for us and I will never forget the emotions I had when the plane landed. I couldn't control my emotions. I started crying as the plane landed. I was so over whelmed with emotions. From the excitement of bringing Emma home and meeting Katie to the loss of Kyle and Tim not being there to meet her and the rest of family and friends to greet us. It feels like that day was so long ago but, I also feel like the past six months have flown by. I can't imagine my life with out Emma and feel that she has always been a part of our family. It's amazing how life changes. She is one very special little girl.
The past six months have been incredible. Way beyond what I would have expected. These special little girls from China are survivors. They are incredible little humans beings. They have so much love to give and are very special. I feel so LUCKY!

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

She is so adorable! You are doing a great job (starting over is so much more fun!)! Doesn't the time fly by with a toddler (or is it our ages)?
It is sad that she will not be able to get hugs from her brothers, but am sure she will love them in her time.

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Seven Months!