Thursday, July 3, 2008

Well, We Missed Our Referral By One Day


Today we found out that the cut off was Jan25th. We are Jan. 26th. I surprised myself and was upset (long story). I had my guard up just in case it didn't happen this month. As soon as I found out, I called Erik and told him, I hesitated and he asked if everything was OK. I tried to tell him and I started to cry. I told him that we missed the cut off by one day, he was disappointed too. I just felt that anything would make me cry at the drop of a hat today. I just needed to process all of this and know that we were on the right path.We talked about it and realized that it was OK. We now know that we are in the next batch of referrals. There is no doubt or uncertainty that we are next. It gives me comfort in knowing that. We know that we will see Emma's picture in August. Maybe only four weeks away.

We also have a couple of friends that will be traveling with us that missed the cut off too. Melissa and Pat and Dave and Sandy. We are with the same agency. I think that we were all disapointed together. I think that we will all pull through this in a couple of days or so and start to get excited for our pending referrals next month.

There is a lot of things going on in our lives right now and know that this will work our for the best. We still have so much to do to get ready for Emma's arrivial.

I know that this all worked out for the best ( I hate that saying). Maybe just maybe we will get twins. Please keep your finger crossed and say a couple of prayers (another long story)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Kathy I am waiting with you! It just sucks that we missed it by one day!! :) I do hope you had a great sleep and are enjoying your July 4th holiday. WE ARE NEXT!!! The rest of the Pandas are waiting with you. You are in our prayers and I hope July goes by quickly! :) Soon we will be sharing our babies' photos!!! Soon we will be posting HERE SHE IS!!! Thinking of you....

Melissa said...

Kathy,

We are in this together! We now know that we are NEXT!!!! We are disapointed but we will forget this month as soon as we have our babies. 4 more weeks!!!

the mommy said...

Kathy it SUCKS to miss My one day but look at my sweetie that is what missing by one day looks like. I can't wait to see and meet miss Emma. We are so happy for you, Erik and Katie. Emma is not far off now hang on Mama

the mommy said...

OK so I meant to say it SUCKS to miss BY one day LOL