Monday, September 15, 2008

5 WEEKS AGO TODAY!


Well, it has now been five weeks since we got our referral for Emma. I can't believe that five weeks have passed. In one way it has gone by so fast and in another way it has been the slowest five weeks of my life.
We still have no information as to when we will be traveling. It is so frustrating. Our agency keeps saying that we are still on target. On target for what? We don't even have our TA(travel assignment). There have been other people in our Jan. group that are already in China picking up their babies. I wish that I knew what was going on. I do think that we will be traveling mid Oct.
In the five weeks a lot has been accomplished. As I have said in the last posts, there has been a lot of paper work to be done. Now that it is all done (I hope) we just sit here and wait. We are also waiting for our Visa to come.
We have gotten an update on Emma within the five weeks of waiting. She has only gained 3 ounces, yes that's right, three ounces. She has gotten 6 more teeth and has grown about an inch to an inch and a half. I just have no idea what size clothes to bring for her. She seems so small. I think we will bring some 9 months and some 12 months clothes.
We have also gotten Emma's finding ad. The finding ad is a picture of her that has been put in the local paper, in hopes that her parents will claim her. Once this ad is put in the paper and no one claims her, she is then free for adoption after a period of time. Emma's picture was taking at one day old. I feel so lucky to have this very small picture of her. I want to have as much history of our little girl as we can get. It will be something that we and Emma can treasure forever. The more information and pictures that we can get of her life before us will be very special. Just to have a glimpse into what her life might have been like in the orphanage, is something.
OK so now lets get traveling. I want to bring this very special little girl home and love her, hug her, kiss her and enjoy her so much.

3 comments:

the mommy said...

Kathy hang in there I know this is hard for you... your time is coming very soon...

Billy and Maggie said...

Hang in there Kathy I can only imagine how hard it must be. I will be checking this blog often, Im looking forward to following your journey.

NeuroMama said...

Oh, Kathy! That is the problem with your agency (who we used for our first adoption). It takes them FOREVER to get you to China once you have your referral. I know how tough it is to watch others go and come home before you even leave. It stinks! But, I do have to say that their in-China travel is very, very smooth.

We're in China now, adopting our third. Can't wait to follow along on your blog when you finally get to go.

Best Wishes,
Raine
(former Precious Panda and your former Secret Pal)