Wednesday, September 3, 2008

THREE WEEKS!


Well, it has been three weeks since we got Emma's pictures and information. It feels like it was so long ago. Since referral, we have had to fill out lots of paperwork including an application for our Visa's. As soon as we finish one set of paperwork, they give us another set. I'm wondering what's next. I hope that we are almost done.
I have also been trying to figure what we need for the trip. I am starting to gather things that we will need. It's going to be hard because our suitcases can only weigh 44 pounds in China so, we need to pack light. How do you pack light for a baby?
I have started washing all of Emma's clothes and bedding. What a job!
Within the three weeks, we have gotten a DVD from a women that has been to the same orphanage that Emma is currently in. We were very lucky to find her in the DVD. She is just so cute in. We can't believe that we have a glimpse of her life before us. I know that this is a very special gift for us and for Emma to have as she gets older. We are also waiting for Emma's finding ad which should be here any day. I have also sent Emma a care package. I put a bunch of different things in the box. A few of them are a photo album with all of us in it, a book of questions for the Nannies to answer, two cameras for them to take pictures of Emma's life for us and her, blanket,a little doll and other things for the babies and Nannies. I hope that she receives it. The only things that I care to get back are the cameras and the book. I will post a picture of the care package. It has been a busy three weeks and there is so much more to do before Emma gets home.

No comments: