Monday, January 12, 2009

CATCHING UP ON EVERYTHING











I must apologize to everyone for not keeping up with my posts. It all started with the power outage back in Dec. We lost our power from the ice storm up here in NH. The worst one in the history of the state. We were with out power for one week. It was tough but, we survived. Emma did very well with the cold days and nights. We would bundle her up in three layers of clothes at night and throw on four blankets. She was such a good little baby through it all. She didn't mind playing at night by candle light. I even got pretty creative giving her a bath making bottles and cooking ramen noodles in a pot on a kerosene heater. I would boil water to give her a bath in the kitchen sink, which she couldn't figure out why I was doing this. She wanted the water on and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't come on. It was cute.
We finally had to put our Christmas up during all of this. The power outage really set us back for the Holidays. I still haven't gotten my Christmas cards out. Hopefully today. With all of this we finally made it through the Holidays.
Anyway I am going to try and update the blog. Stay tuned for more posts.

1 comment:

the mommy said...

You are troopers I tell you what. Emma is so adorable in the kitchen sink..So cute..We can't wait to see you guys and meet miss Emma. I hope life is slowly getting back to normal for you all..