Thursday, January 22, 2009

EMMA'S SECOND BIRTHDAY

Emma turned 2 on Jan. 14Th. We had presents, cake and ice cream after dinner. She really didn't know what was going on. After dinner we toasted to her little life with Champagne. She was so cute. She saw us toasting and she wanted to get in on the action so we raised our glasses once again and she raised hers. She was so proud of herself. After dinner she opened presents. She is starting to get a hang of this present thing.
On Jan. 17Th we had a party with family and friends.It was a really busy day but, fun. She had a Minnie Mouse cake that was just so cute. She loves Minnie Mouse(I don't know why, maybe she takes after someone). Then more presents, cake and ice cream. We really tried to get her to dig right into the cake but, she was being too dainty. She would take one finger and lick the icing. We finally cut her a piece and then she ate it.
I can't believe that she is 2 already. At times I feel like we have always had her and other times I get so sad that I missed out on the first 20 months of her life. I feel like I missed out on so much. She is changing before our eyes and is learning something new everyday. I just don't want her to grow up too fast. I am enjoying every minute with her. She truly is a treasure. I am so lucky to have been chosen to be her mom.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMMA!


4 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday Emma! Two is such a fun age! You are absolutely adorable! Lucky mama and baba!
Love,
Auntie Di in MI

Anonymous said...

Hello Kathy, Erik, Katie and Emma! It really has been too long since I have spoken to any of you. Life for me has been a bit crazy. I just spent some time catching up on your blogs. The pictures are amazing! Her story is one of joy and love. I hope to see you all maybe this coming weekend? I will be up visiting my sister, the first trip to NH in 4years. Please give me a call (603.321.7365) and maybe you could all pencil me into your busy lives. I miss everyone, including Kyle so much. It's happy, but a bit sad to be back and that it has taken so long for me to come back. (>''<) hugs for everyone!!

Mike and Rhonda said...

Too cute! Happy birthday Emma!

Rhonda

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy Birthday! She's so sweet!!

Alyzabeth's Mommy