Thursday, January 29, 2009

THREE MONTHS AGO TODAY WE BROUGHT EMMA HOME






Three months ago today at 9:30pm we arrived in the airport with Emma in our arms. I remember as the plane landed this huge wave of emotions came over me and I started to cry. The final leg of our trip was over. We finally brought home this little girl that we waited three years for. I had so many emotions going through my head at that time. I was so excited to be home and see everyone but, I also felt such sadness that my two son's would not be there to meet their new little sister. They would never know who she is and she will only know who they are by the stories that we share with her about her brothers.
It was such a long journey to get where we got,not only the three year wait but, morning the loss of our two boys and finally having this precious little girl put in our arms.The day that they put this scared little girl in our arms is a day I will never forget. She was so tiny and just didn't know what was going on. I was crying just as hard as she was.I cried for her and I cried for me. Finally this day had arrived. We waited so long and went through so many emotions during the process. The wait was finally over.
We are on a new journey now, one of such great joy and one that helps ease the pain of Kyle and Tim. She make us laugh and smile all the time. She absolutely adores Katie, her big sister. I can't tell you how much I love seeing them together. When Katie comes home she just loves to sit in her lap and look at the laptop with her. Katie will pick her up and sit her right next to her in the chair. She always wants Katie to play the Hippopotamus song and Dominic the Donkey. She will get down from the chair and dance up a storm to them. Katie is just so good with her.
I am so lucky to have such wonderful children.
Here's a couple of pictures from 3 months ago and now.

3 comments:

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Kathy,
I can't believe it has been 3 months already! Your post was so heartfelt and meaningful! We should all appreciate the days we have with those we love. I know that Kyle and Tim are in a better place looking down on your family with Emma just smiling and enjoying the pleasure she brings everyone.
I can't wait to read more about Emma's develpment especially with her older sister!

love you!
Wanda

the mommy said...

It is a beautiful thing Kathy...

Big Hugs
Susan

Lori said...

I cannot believe you've been home over three months! Emma is just beautiful. I love hearing the stories of her and Katie. Qiao loves her big brothers, too. It's so cute! Cannot wait to meet her.

Hugs,
Lori**