Saturday, November 8, 2008

CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WE HAVE BEEN HOME OVER A WEEK NOW
















It's amazing how fast the time has gone since we have gotten home. I have been so busy enjoying Emma, that the time just flies by. We have been busy with Dr's. appts. and trying to find food that Emma likes and also finding some clothes that will fit her for the winter. I have enjoyed every minute.
Emma is truly a gift to us. She is the happiest baby, always smiling, laughing at us and keeping us up and running now that she has realized that she has legs and they can move. She loves her squeaky shoes and loves using them. She is (so far) a wonderful sleeper. She will sleep an where from 10-12 1/2 hours a night. We have had no problems with her liking her crib. She does just fine in it. I love when I go to get her in the morning and she just looks up at me and smiles. I just melt. She starts pulling off her blankets and lets me know that she wants me to pick her up. She is just so sweet. I then bring her downstairs and give her a bottle. She is very quiet in the morning and loves to be held for a while. Of course I love it too. After a while I put her in her highchair and get her breakfast. Eating is the only struggle that we have with her. She really doesn't like very many things. I have to fall back on Congee and steamed eggs just to get her to eat a good amount of food. I have to learned to make some Chinese food. I just need to learn to make more. The Dr. has me making her formula more concentrated so that she gets more calories. We just keep trying everything that we can. eventually she will like something.
It's a funny thing, I am really missing China. I enjoyed everything about our trip and wish that I could go back. I hope that we will be able to some day. I really miss our travel group and wish that we all lived closer. I miss the babies too. Most of us don't live to far away maybe about an hour or so. I can't wait until we can get together. Hopefully soon.
Here are some pictures over the past week home.

7 comments:

Stephe said...

Oh, Kathy, it seems as though all is going wonderful. I'm impressed you're making congee and steamed eggs! You have to teach us newbies how to make this stuff! Pretty please!! Love ya.

Doug & Michelle said...

One thing that Caroline LOVED when we got home was plain extra-firm tofu cut into little cubes with a sprinkle of low sodium soy sauce on top. She liked it warm (zap in the microwave for a few seconds) during meal time or cold when her gums were bothering her. Great source of protein!

Doug

Melissa said...

I love that your face hurts from smiling, you deserve it!! I have no doubt this precious child was handpicked for you and that 2 very special people played a role in that!! I miss you all!!

the mommy said...

Kathy, it is so wonderful that Emma is doing so well. Hang in there with the food she will come around. Congee is always a good way to get her to eat add things to it like Chicken or pork or even egg.

Anonymous said...

Kathy, Erik, Katy - We love ya and do not forget. We are sure that Tim and Kyle are smiling at their new little sister, Emma. Love Aida and Angel

Karen said...

Kathy!!!

Emma is so, so precious! Thank you for sharing her with all of us. The pictures are beautiful and she is certainly making a very smooth transition into your family!

Love, Karen

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful! Hugging after naps and waking up is so precious!

We miss our China travel group too. We were so distracted with a screaming toddler that we didn't really get in alot of "bonding" time with the group. We would love to see them all again.

Alyson
Alyzabeth's Mommy