Thursday, November 20, 2008

HOME FOR THREE WEEKS AND WE'VE HAD EMMA FOR FOUR











We have been home for three weeks yesterday. It's amazing how fast time is going. I almost wish that it would slow down. I hate to have Emma grow up too fast. I am enjoying her so much. I also can't believe that we have had Emma four weeks already. She has progressed so much from the day we picked up this one scared, confused little girl. She is not the same baby that we got on Oct. 20. She has changed so much and is starting to do so many new things. She is a very happy little child. She brings so much joy n our lives.
So much has happened in the past three weeks. Last Tuesday Emma had to have all of her blood work done. They had to take six vials of blood and they weren't baby size vials. They were our size. She did really well considering that they had to stick her three time to get enough blood for the tubes. It took two sets of two people to try and get all of it. Finally after about 45 minutes she was done. I felt so bad for her. She was so good.
This past Tuesday Emma had her first set of shots. She got three. She cried for just a little bit and then was fine. She started not to feel well pretty soon after. She was uncomfortable all night and I finally brought her in bed with me and gave her some Tylenol at 4:45 and she fell asleep. I put her back in her crib at 5:45 hoping that she will sleep until 9:00. She did. The rest of the day she wasn't feeling well and didn't eat or drink very much. I was giving her Tylenol every four hours. Last night she ended up with a fever of 103.2. I felt so bad for her because she is just so good all the time. It was the first time that she just wasn't herself. Finally about 8:30 her fever broke and you could see she was feeling better. She was getting silly with Katie. I put her to bed at 9:00 and she slept the night. This morning she is feeling her old self. I am glad that she is feeling better. In Dec. she has to get three more. I'm not looking forward to that.
She is still a good little sleeper.
In the short time that she has been home I have taken her to Maine (with a friend) shopping at the outlets in Kittery. I bought her a few Christmas dresses at Gymboree and some other cute outfits. I got her winter coat and snowsuit at Hannah Anderson and some other outfits too. The snow suit is just so pretty. I will have to get pictures of her in it. Of course we have to teach her about the outlets.
She's now taking about 4 or 5 steps and really wants to walk. She gets nervous if you get to far from her and she starts to cry. She is so cute. When she does accomplish it, she starts to laugh. If your not holding her hand walking all over the house, you will find her scooting on her little butt from the playroom into the kitche. She now says puppy, puppy, puppy that was her first American word. She said that the second dayshe was home. Everything is the puppy, the dogs, the cat and her stuffed horse. I might have already posted that in a previous post. Sorry if I did. She is also saying Daddy, trying to say Katie, she says ma ma but I don't think she knows that's me yet. She also says uh oh when she drops something. She's blowing kisses now and understands bye bye and hi, in English. She will wave.
She knows about five signs. Boy, does she have a little temper and lets you know when she wants something. I just have to laugh at her sometimes. I can't believe that this little baby can have such a little temper.
The photos are of Emma at our waiting parents meeting, Emma in her pretty dress going to Rebecca's bridal shower, Grandma and Papoo and Teresa, Emma and Taylor.
All and all she is wonderful and I am cherishing each and every moment with her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erik, Kathy, Katie, Emma -- thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures. You could see she loves her surroundings and her new big sister. Have a wonderful thanksgiving day. We will miss not being with you. Aida and Angel