Saturday, November 8, 2008

MONDAY NOV. 3rd KYLE AND TIM'S ANNIVERSARY







I'm way behind in posting and hope to catch up soon. Monday Nov. 3rd was Kyle and Tim's sixth Anniversary. I can't believe that six years have passed since we lost them. It feels like only a couple of years. I hate that the years are adding up because, is that much further away from seeing them the last time. This year was a very quiet year. Not very many calls or cards but, that's OK. It just was almost too quiet.
It was a very bittersweet day. Here I am missing my boy's so much and now I have this beautiful little life to enjoy. I almost feel guilty that I am enjoying her so much. It is so much harder then I thought, having Emma and missing the boy's at the same time. I just wish that they could be here to enjoy her and play and laugh with her. I would have loved them to know their new little sister. It makes me miss my boy's that much more. She makes me laugh and smile. Sometimes I think my face gets exhausted from smiling so much. I can't remember the last time that I have smiled this much. She is truly a gift. I never thought that I could be this happy again.
Erik, Katie, Emma and I celebrated it in a way that the boy's would have liked. We went to Giorgio's. It's our favorite Italian restaurant. Kyle and Time loved to go there and get steak tips. So we went and had a real nice time. We had to expose Emma to Italian food. She ended up only having angel hair pasta(I guess that was appropriate for the day) with no sauce. She really enjoyed herself there. Costa(the owner) came out to finally meet her. She liked him. One of Katie's friends Heather showed to meet Emma and they hit it off real well. Emma just adored Heather. When we were getting ready to leave Costa wanted to see her again. He took her and put her up on the counter and let her do what ever she wanted. He let her play with the pen and marker and let her write all over the seating chart. The he was giving her the paper to take the orders on. To say the least, she likes Giorgio's.
We had a nice evening. We came home and the jet lag finally caught up with me. I feel asleep with Emma in my arms. I was so tired.

2 comments:

the mommy said...

Kathy it sounds like a beautiful way to celebrate Tim and Kyle.

We love you guys
Susan,Riz and Sophia

P.S. Jet lag stinks but it does go away. Hang in there..

Debbie said...

your emma is so beautiful! i have followed your journey ...welcome home!! i am truly so sorry for the loss of your boys and the anniversary of 6 years.

all the best,

debbie
lilyswait.blogspot.com