Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN AND FIRST DAY HOME
















Well ,our first few days have gone really well. We have had lots of company. I have been doing really well with the jet lag until this afternoon. I think this afternoon it is catching up with me. I was feeling better then I did the whole time in China. Maybe it takes a few days to catch up with you. Emma is still doing great with sleeping.

Halloween was really fun. I couldn't find Emma a ladybug costume before we left so, Erik and I went out to look for one and couldn't find one anywhere. We decided to go home. When we got there out neighbors were out and wanted to see Emma. I was saying that I couldn't get Emma a ladybug costume and one of my neighbors said that she would make her one. I said don't worry about it and she said that she would like to do it. I was so surprised by what a nice job she did. It was just so cute. Thank you Patti! We put it on her and went to three of the houses in the neighborhood. She didn't understand why we were dressing her up in this silly costume. It was fun and she looked so cute.

9 comments:

Lori said...

Awww, she looks so cute in the costume. So glad you are home safe and sound. Also glad you are home to see our referral come in. ;)

Hugs,
Lori**

Anonymous said...

Tiny, Erik and Katie: So glad to hear everything went well (except for Chicago). She is such a little darling and it seems that she has really adjusted very well...like she was the one meant to be with you guys in her brand new world. We'll give you a call some time tomorrow and see if we can connect. Until then, love, hugs and kisses to all of you.
Love Dad (Poppy John), Sandy and Jamie.

Evelyn said...

So glad Emma is adjusting so nicely. What a treat to have her home just in time for Halloween. Perfect start to many more to come.

Hugs
Evelyn

the mommy said...

So adorable.. I love her Ladybug costume.. Wasn't it great having her here for her first Halloween?

Stephe said...

OMG, another ESG ladybug!!! How absolutely adorable. She's cute!

Bless you for getting a little one that's sleeping!!!

Emily said...

Hi Guys! First off, I am thinking of you & the boys today & now Emma too!

Emma is SO adorable in that ladybug costume! Mom showed me all of the pictures from the weekend & she is SO cute!!! I wish I got to see her! She sounds like she is do adorable and fun to play with. I am so happy you made it home safe & sound. Love you all! XOXOXO Love, Em

P.S. I hear lil Em can be a whiner, wonder where she got that from? Must be the name....hehehe

Anonymous said...

I have to say she is even cuter in person than in pictures!! Enjoy her. I'm sure the boys were there with you when you got home and were watching and were so glad to see you happy with their new little sister! Enjoy the happiness that she is bringing you, especially today. Love Janeane

Anonymous said...

I am so very happy to see the smiles Emma brings. She is an adorable little character. We had such fun with her and wish we didn't have to leave so quickly. We'll see you all soon again.

Love You
Mom and Papou

mimi's mommy said...

Welcome Home! I am so happy for you and sweet little Emma! Kathy, I have to tell you(I was reading through the other posts)I cried at the airport too! That sinking feeling of "I just want to be home". I remember it well. So glad you are all HOME together.Love,Carol, Bill and Emily Rose
(2 years today!)