Monday, August 11, 2008

IT'S HERE, THE STORK HAS LANDED!



Today at 11:51 Emma arrived. Our social worked called and gave us the news. Her Name Is YUE MENG ZHU, DOB 1/14/07, Yugan County SWI, Jiangxi. I can't believe this has finally happened. I really thought that we might get an older child so, I was thrilled to get an 18 month old. However it would have been nice to get a younger child but, I am very happy and thrilled with little Yue Meng Zhu. Now all we have to do is see her little face. Our agency makes us wait until all of the documents are translated before they give us her picture. We should be getting the information by the end of the week. I just can't wait.
I'll tell you it has been quite a day. From this morning wondering when we were getting the call, to getting the call sheet and cameras ready to actually finally getting the call. My emotions were all over the place. One minute I was crying the next I was getting really excited and then back to crying when I got the call.
When I got the call, I called Erik on my cell phone and put it on speaker and put the house phone on speaker also. That way Erik could hear everything at the same time I did. It was quite an emotional call. I couldn't speak at times because I was so choked up and crying. I am over the moon now I just have to come back.
WELCOME TO EMMA, shes finally arrived. I can't wait to meet her in person.

13 comments:

Diane said...

Oh Kathy and Erik! I am so happy for you! I am crying! I can't wait to see her! CONGRATULATIONS!
Love,
Diane and Gary

Stephe said...

Awe, I'm soooo happy for all of you!!! Finally, we know who Emma is! Can't wait til the end of the week to see her cute little face!!! Congrats! Stephe

ECJang said...

What an exciting time! When Kathy called me in my car to tell me I was driving by the exact accident site. I never stop or look there but had to stop. I cried all the way to Mliford at the great news. I am so eager to see the pictures and know more. congratulations to all three of you!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

CONGRARULATIONS!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HER PICTURES, AND THEN TO FINALLY MEET HER! JANEANE

Pat Lynch said...

Kathy
Laura called me to tell me your fantastic news!! I googled Yugan SWI and came up with your blog.
May this be all you wished for and more; i cannot wait to see your little girl!
Pat Lynch
Keira Xingfu (Xinyu, Jiangxi)
Jenna ZhiAi (Hauzhou, Guangdong)

Mike and Rhonda said...

How exciting!!!! So happy for you guys. Cannot wait to see little Emma. What a day

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! (we get our daughter's info tomorrow).
Finally!!
Can't wait to see the pictures!

Alyson LID 01/27/06

Christine said...

Congratulations!!!! Finally the wait is over! I can't wait to see Emma's cute face!!!!!!!!YIPPPEEEE!!!!! We heard word that our referral arrived but won't get any information for a couple of days. I am just relieved it arrived! Enjoy every moment! I bet your feet haven't touched the ground! Mine sure haven't! :)
PS I ran 5 km. on Saturday morning! :)

mskajlc said...

OMG, Congratulations Kathy and Erik!! Cant wait to see pics!

Melissa said...

Welcome Emma!! A Yue Yue sister!! I can't believe our girls are together!! What a wonderful day. Now come on pictures!!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Hi, I found your blog through Donna at Waiting For Lauren Elizabeth. I just wanted to say Congratulations! Your post was so touching...it moved me to tears!

~Lynn
home 6 months with Olivia Ming Qing

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kathy and family!!!! We are so happy for you. I CANNOT wait to see Emma's sweet little face. Eighteen months is still baby Kathy-you'll see! Remember Emily-she was 17 months when we came home-such a cuddly little babygirl. I am so, so genuinely happy for all of you! God Bless,
The Reeds,
Carol, Bill and Emily Rose

Angela said...

Oh Kathy!!! Congratulations ~ we are sooooo happy for you!! We can't wait to hear more about Emma and see her face!!!

hugs,
Angela, Bryan and Ella