Wednesday, August 13, 2008

WAITING FOR EMMA'S PICTURE

Now that things have settled down and company has gone, I can finally let all of this sink in.It has been one crazy week. First getting ready for Kyle and Tim's road race on Sat. Then having a party for that here at the house after and next referral day on Monday. What an emotional few days.
We celebrated Emma's referral by going to our waiting parents meeting. I had asked if I could bring a bottle of champagne and the SW said absolutely. We headed up to the office and when we walked in everyone stood up and clapped for us. What a nice surprise. It just felt so good. We have been sharing our journey with these people for a while now and just wanted to share the excitement with them. We left the meeting early and headed home. When we got home we had a house full of company. There was Chinese food, champagne, presents and flowers. It was so nice to have everyone there to share this special day with us. What an emotional day it was. I was so exhausted by the end of it. Now we get to celebrate all over again when we get Emma's picture. That is when it will really feel real. I can't wait.
We should be getting Emma's information and picture anytime now. I just can't wait to see her little face and find out how big she is. What kind of personality will she have. Will she be shy, quiet, outgoing, strong wiled, stubborn maybe just plain happy and giggly. Oh how I can't wait to find out. I'm wondering what size clothes that she will be in. I'm hoping that she is petite so that she can wear everything that I already bought for her. I'll love her not matter what.

7 comments:

mimi's mommy said...

I am waiting excitedly right along with you. I am soooo happy for you and your family Kathy. I cannot wait.

Anonymous said...

Cogratulations Kathy and Erik. Emma is a very lucky little girl as Katie, Kyle, and Tim would agree to. You guys are one of the best! Good Luck. We can't wait to meet her. Love, Maria and Johnny.

Anonymous said...

We could not be happier for your loving family!!! Can't wait to see Emma's picture and meet her this fall. :)Erin and Andrew cannot wait to babysit, but you probably won't let her out of your sight for a long time. Congrats!

the mommy said...

Kathy and Erik, Riz and I could not be happier for two people. Enjoy this time...We can't wait to see Emma's sweet face for the first time....

NeuroMama said...

Gosh! We're all waiting for Emma's picture! So, where is it??? Can't wait to see her sweet face.

Raine (former Precious Pandas secret pal)

mimi's mommy said...

OMG Kathy! I saw her picture in the Panda album-what a sweet, sweet baby. You must be beside yourselves with happiness. She looks like she is just waiting for you to lift her up in your arms and never let go! And, I'm sure those are your plans!! What a beautiful little daughter you have. Congratulations again. We are so happy for you!Love,The Reeds,Carol, Bill and Emily Rose

Anonymous said...

Where's the beautiful picture?! :)