Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One week since Emma's pictures

Wow! It has been one whirl wind week. We got Emma's referral on Monday the 11th and we got her pictures and information on the 13th. We fell in love with her the moment we saw her picture. She was born 1/14/07 and just turned 19 months old. She is such a cutie. She has chubby cheeks and only weighs 18 pounds. She is such a peanut.
So much has happened since referral. We have had to get paper work to the agency really quick. I even carried down our acceptance letter to our agency last Friday. I needed to make sure that it was going to be there in time. On Saturday, I Fed Ex ed the rest of the paper work to the agency.
Tonight is one week since we got Emma's pictures. I still feel that it isn't real. I look at her pictures and say, is she really ours? She is just so cute. I can't wait for the day I can pick her up in my arms. I want her to feel secure with us. I want her to know that we will love her so much and be there for her. The hardest part of all of this will be taking her away from the only life she has ever known. She will need to grieve the loss of her current life. The transition may go very well but, it may also be a very difficult one for her. I only want whats best for her. I know that we will be there to support her through her grieving process. I just want to cuddle her and let her know that everything will be OK.
I know everyone wants to see pictures of Emma. I am not sure when I will post them. I would love to do so now but, our agency frowns on it. They would prefer that the blog be password protected. I have to decide what I am going to do. I might go ahead and post them, just not right now. I'm sorry for all of you that have been waiting to see her picture. I am torn with what I should do. Keep checking back. You never know when I will change my mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's the beautiful picture of your daughter??!!

Anonymous said...

Hoping to see a picture soon - but understand that you need to do what's best for you and your new daughter...
CONGRATULATIONS on finally getting your referral!!!
Peace,
kath