Monday, October 20, 2008

CAN'T SLEEP

I guess I should say good afternoon. It is about 4:45 and I have been about an hour. I wanted to try again to get my pictures posted.
As I write this I have Emma's crib right next to me.I can look over at her sleeping so peacefully. She just looks so inocent and sweet. I just want to pick her up and hold her. So far she has slept throught the night. I wasn't expecting that. Her nannie said that she usually wakes for a bottle at 1:00 am. I was surprised when she told me that. I thought that Emma was a little old for that but, it was good to know so that I could prepare myself.
As I'm sitting here going through yesterday, I'm thinking what a wonderful day it was. How lucky are we to have this precious little life join ours. She is beyond what I ever expected. She is beautiful in everyway. She is more than I ever could have imagined. She is just perfect for us and yes, you all have heard this before (adoptive parents) she is the right one for us. I don't know how they do it but they do. I know if that they gave me another baby that I would probably say the same thing but, she really is the one for us. She makes us laugh.
I gave her a bath last night and she just loved it. You could see how tiny she really is. She is such a little peanut. She is wearing 9 months clothes right now and she just turned 21 months old. She isn't walking yet. They did say that she will try if you hold her hands. They said that she is very cautious and will only do something when she feels really confident. Her development is a little behind but, I am sure before we even get home that there will be big improvements. Who knows maybe we can get her walking on her own.
OK so now lets see what today brings. Will she be just as happy or will she wake up in this strange place and wonder where she is and who are these funny looking people. I wonder if she will have a great day or a really sad day. We will be heading off to WalMart today to pick up anything we need. I know, doesn't that sound funny WalMart in China?
Lets hope that I can get pictures posted. I have a lot of time to keep trying. It's not letting me do pictures so I might have to do them individually

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I knew she was gorgeous! She is so tiny. She looks happy in the pictures. I cried tears of joy all day relooking at the blog and pictures. what a wonderful time. Give her a gentle hug and kiss from her Long Island grandmother.