Monday, October 20, 2008

INTRODUCING EMMA

Hi everyone. It has been one busy day. From incredible emotions to a lot of paper work. We went to get the babie at 10:00 this morning. We had all gotten our babies by around 11:00. When we went to go get Emma a man from the orphanage was holding her. She looks just like her picture. She didn't want to come to us and I was finally told to just take her. She started to cry and so did I. She was so scared and confused about what was going on. We walked away and went and sat down. I think that she stopped crying because I was crying. She is so sweet and so quiet. She just sat there looking around at everything that was going on. We went back to the hotel and had about a half hour and then we had to meet for lunch. In that time in the room we got smiles out of her and even a giggle. After lunch we had to get on the bus and go to three more offices for paper work. We went back to the office that we got Emma at and did some paper work there. As we were leaving the same man taht gave us Emma was waiting out side. I went right over to him so that he could see Emma again. He had soem sought of attatchment to her. He wanted his picture taken with us and her after we got her and also kept coming over to play with her. I asked our guide to ask him if she was one of his favorites. As I was asking her, the man was talking to the guide at the same time and was telling her that Emma was his favorites and that he would play with her every day. You could tell how much he loved her. He said that she was one of the few that never cried. I let him take his time with her as you could tell how much he loved her. There were also two other men that you could tell really cared about her. I got on the bus and was sitting by the window and Emma could see them out the window. One of the men came up to the window to touch her hand through the glass. The one that really cared about her kept waving goodbye. You could see the emotions in his face. It must be so hard to see these childen leave. I am sure that they get attached to them. I filmed it so that some day Emma could see how much she was cared for. It was so touching.
So Emma is such a happy child. She was singing her own little song on the bus and baby babbling tp herself. So far she is doing well. She got a little whimpy when I was feeding her bottle tonight. You could tell she was a little sad. Susan, so far so good. I am still waiting for the bomb to drop. Maybe it won't but, maybe it will. She os just so sweet and so tiny.
Well, I am getting tired and could write a book. This was one incredible day. It was so bittersweet. It was so nice to share this with Melissa. We have waited so long for this day and to be able to share it with people that you know is wonderful and special.
I am going to attempt to put pictures on. I don't know why Melissa's pictures go up so easy but, mine don't. Cross your fingers.

11 comments:

the mommy said...

Kathy I am so happy to hear things are going well so far.Your day sounds amazing. The joy is unbelievable isn't it?

love Susan

Karen said...

Hi Kathy! We are cheering you and Erik on! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful day! Can't wait to see some pictures! Emma sounds like such a sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Erik: Can't wait to see the photos. You have a great little girl there. The "bomb" may never drop. I am sure she senses that she has two of the most kind, generous and loving parents she could ever have. She can tell by your touch and soft words that she has nothing to be afraid of or concerned about. Jamie cried the first night but after that was fine. It seems they sense that their little lives are just beginning. Congratulations and enjoy your time bonding with her and your time in China.
Love Dad, Sandy and Jamie

Cheryl said...

Kathy, I'm so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see the photos!!
With Panda hugs,
Cheryl

Stephe said...

Oh what a wonderful day! I think it's great that you have a photo with the man that was so close to her. It will mean the world to her when she gets older. I'm so happy you have your second daughter FINALLY in your arms. Hugs.

Mike and Rhonda said...

OK crying here at work. They are tears with alot of emotions. Kathy, you are the dearest soul to let that man say bye to Emma in his own way! I am so glad that she was loved so deeply by so many people!!!

Lastly, I am so glad that you have her now. Cannot wait to see you guys all together

Lori said...

Ahhhh!!! We cannot wait to see photos. We know you are trying. Awww ...what size clothes is she in? How old is she now? I'm so excited for you guys I just cannot think!

Hugs,
Lori**

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Aunt Kathy and Uncle Erik! We can't wait to meet Emma!

-Sarah

the mommy said...

Kathy try loading the pictures one at a time. I found that works sometimes...

Doreen said...

WOW! What an incredible experience! I got all teary-eyed just thinking about all the special people that love your little girl.

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi& Mia-Sichuan

John & Michelle said...

I am so happy for your family. It's 4:05am in Chicago (I can't sleep) and this post made me cry so hard. She is just beautiful and will look forward to seeing many more happy pics!
Michelle
Illinois