Tuesday, October 21, 2008

TODAY WAS WALMART DAY


We are going to WalMart today. Yeah! You know you have to go to a WalMart when in China. There is nothing elase like it. I would have had pictures but, the battery died. I will have to get some when we go to Guanzhou. We all got what we needed for the babies and a few extra essentials, like real snacks, beer, for the pizza party tonight and lots of water. Then after WalMart they took us to a park to walk around. It was a very hot humid day and all of the babies were sweating like crazy. I really don't know why they took us there, I guess to kill sometime. It was a very pretty place though. After that they took us to lunch at one of the local restaurants. The food was much better there then at the hotel.

Let me tell you about our Little Miss Emma. She is just the sweetest baby. We couldn't be any happier. She just seems to go with the flow. On the bus today she was singing to herself very softly. It was just the cutest thing. We have gotten her to laugh and giggle. She loves when you tickle her. She was even a ham at lunch today. She does let you know when she wants something. She will point and make a noise to let you know what it is she wants.

A little story. Last night at dinner I tried one sign with her. It was the sign for more. I only showed her once. We continued eating and I looked over at her and she was looking at me signing more. Everyone at the table saw it. I just couldn't believe it. She did it a few more times durning dinner. She even did it at lunch today. I never thought it would be that easy. Now I have to teach her a few more. She is just perfect for us. I just love her so much already.

Everytime she is sleeping I .can't wait for her to wake up. I almost want to wake her up so that I can play with her. Speaking of sleeping, so far she is a good sleeper. I know that we have had her for only one night and yeaterday was an exhausting day for her but, she slept from 8:00PM to 7:00am. When you put her down for a nap, there are no complaints. I know that this might not last for too long but, I will enjoy it for now.

Tomorrow we are headed to the orphanage. I can't wait. I tried really hard to get all of us there but, at the last minute I didn't think we were going to be able to go(long story). It will be so nice to see where Emma spent the first part of her life. It will be just one more piece of the puzzle for her as she gets older. The caregivers are so nice. when we got Emma they gave us a photo album of her first days and other throughout her life there. They also gave us a necklace. When I sent Emma a care package I sent along two cameras and a red journal with a lot of questions in it. I was so happy when they returned it to us. I will now have a lot more pictures and a lot more questions answered about her life.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

You have a real sweetie!!!!! Congrats! It seems that your transition went very smooth...good news!

Doreen in Montreal single mom to Faith-Jiangxi & Mia-Sichuan