Saturday, October 18, 2008

CHINA IS WONDERFUL

What a beautiful place. It is just so interesting to take in all of the culture that this country has to offer. The people, the country side, the smells, the food(I'm already ready for a sandwich) and especially the driving here wow! That's an experience all in its self.
Anyway I am so amazed by such a beautiful country. I am trying to take in as much as I can so that someday I can tell Emma all about her country and how special it is.
Today we had such a busy day. We got up and went to visit this beautiful park. Just walking into the park and taking in the whole atmosphere was just so peaceful. As we walked through this park, there were people everywhere meditating, exercising,doing sword dancing and so many other peaceful thing. There was a very calm feeling as you walked through this park. From there we came back to the hotel for a quick breakfast then onto The Summaer Palace. What a beautiful place. The history is just incrediable. I am hoping tobe able to post some pictures. From there we went to the pearl factory. To say the least I was overwhelmed and didn't get a chance to get what I wanted. We went to lunch after that. From there we went on to The Great Wall and that it was. What an expierence that was. It was just so magnificant. You have to see it to appreciate it. The weather was foggy all day and then whenwe left to go to The Great Wall it got sunny. Just in time for pictures. Just to stand and look all around you at this great big tremendous structure, is unfathomable. I can't believe that I was actually there. It was one place on earth that beauty is just unexplainable. I will never forget it. From there we headed back to our hotel and got to go by The Bird Cage and The Cube from the Olympics. It was really nice to see it. Oh and on the way to The Great Wall we got to see where the cycling was.
We got back to our Hotel with 45 min to waste and then had to head down for dinner. After dinner we took in the streest of Beijing night life. I felt as if I was in NY City, except there were a lot of Chines signs. We went down to the out door market where they sell all the bugs on a stick(no Erik didn't try any, he was full). This is the place where Anthony Bordaine does one of his shows(he's the one that eats all the gross stuff on TV). A couple of us decided to walk down to The Forbidden Vity to see it at night. All the lights were supposed to be on but, they weren't so, Erik and I decided to walk back down to the main area(kind of like Times
Square). We went into this beautiful mall.Inside it was all white marbel. It was beautiful. It had stores like (Emily you would like tis one) PRADA! and so many more famous brands.. We had enough of that and went back to the hotel. We were back by 10:00PM Bejing time Sat. night. Now I am trying to catch up on blogging. What a wonderful day. One I will never forget. I am so lucky!
Oh and one more thing, for those of you that know about the locks on The Great Wall, we bought one and got Kyle and Tim's name and todays date on it and locked it to The Great wall and threw away the key. When you do this, it means that you will have eternial happiness in your life. Kyle and Time have made it to The Great Wall. It was very emotional. We did get pictures of us doing this.
So tomorrow we are off to The forbidden City and we are taking in some of the local towns people. we are going to take a rickshaw ride around the town and visit with some of the local families. Then we are off on a two and half flight to Nanchang. We will arrive later in the evening on Sun. China time. Then only one sleep to Emma. Can't wait to see her little face. What a day that will be. Good night!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great pictures! You both look so happy! Just think how short the next flight will be compared to the last-and then it won't be long until you have Emma!! Love Janeane

pootiepie said...

I cried when I read about Kyle and Tim's locks on the Great Wall. How wonderful that you were able to include them on this very special journey! I just know they are smiling down on you right now!

Sharon said...

I can't believe all the stuff you have been able to pack into one day!! You've got more energy that I!!

You're down to the hourly countdown to Emma!!!

Sharon

Stephe said...

I cried too when I read about Kyle and Tims Locks! What a wonderful Memory! Love Ya. Stephe

Cheryl said...

Kathy, your words brought me to tears! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see you holding Emma!! Enjoy yourselves!
With Panda Hugs,
Cheryl

Lori said...

Oh, wow ! Thanks so much for your lovely post. I felt as if I were there. Sounds like you are having a great time. OMG!! You are in China !!

Hugs,
Lori**