Tuesday, October 28, 2008

GOOD BYE CHINA!
















Last night we arrived very late in Beijing. We got into out hotel room and settled by around 12:00 midnight. Emma slept the whole plane ride and we had to wake her up when we got to the airport. She did very well. Although is is afraid of flying. She does not like when the plane is taking off. She covers both eyes with both of her fore arms. It is just so cute. She will than start sucking her finger with her arms still over her face. She fell asleep very quickly after that.
Today is going to be a very busy day. We were going to see Tienemen Square but, half the group didn't want to go. I was so disappointed. That is one of the places that I really wanted to see while in China. Erik and I might take a quick walk there on our own this morning. It is about a half hour walk. If we can do it and have the time, I really want to go. After that we head to the airport. I can't believe that the trip is coming to an end and that we will be heading home in just a few short hours. There are so many emotions, I really can't wait to get home but, every little step in this process in emotional. As I said before, we are taking Emma away from her culture and the only life that she has known. I know that she is going to do very well but, You just can't help feeling sad for her.
Yesterday in Guangzhou we had our last few hours there. The weather was warm and humid. The perfect day. I ran around and ot a few last minute things. We decided to skip the Zoo. I just hope that I won't regret it someday. There was just to much to do to get ready. We hurried around getting packed. We had to be ready by 2:40 and then it was on to the Consulate appointment for our swearing in ceremony. This is where Emma becomes legally ours. It was a nice ceremony, very short, but you like it that way. They swear all of the babies in at the same time. Emma becomes a legal US citizen when her foot touches the ground in Chicago. Just another emotional event. I jsut can't wait to get a picture. I am just hoping that it is not to crazy getting through customs.
We are off to the airport at 12:00 noon China time. I can't wait to see everybody there.

GOOD BYE FROM CHINA!





7 comments:

Evelyn said...

Wishing you a safe journey back home. Hope you have a good flight,and can't wait 'till you get back!

Hugs, Evelyn

the mommy said...

Kathy your trip has been emotional for all of us watching from here. We love you guys and wish you a safe trip home....

We love you
Susan, Riz and Sophia

Anonymous said...

Kath/Erik: We wish all of you a safe trip back home. Hopefully the sound of the plane will allow Emma to sleep on the way back. Jamie slept practically all the from Hong Kong to Chicago. You should have no problem with Customs - they just checked our passports and directed us over to where you will need to go to check in Emma and get the paperwork settled - the last ones until after you get home. Wish we could be there to meet you but we will be up soon. Take care.
Love Dad (Poppy John), Sandy and Jamie.

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your page today while I was thinking about the boys- I hope you have a safe and wonderful trip. I'm so happy for you all and I'm glad it worked out for you :)

Shannon (old neighbor)

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Eric- We are all excited to meet Emma for the first time!! Have a safe plane ride home!
Stacey

mskajlc said...

Have a safe trip home!

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Erik, so wonderfull to follow your journey with Emma. Have a happy trip home. Wish we were there when you arrive home to NH. Love ya all, Aida and Angel