Friday, October 24, 2008

WE'RE IN GUANZHOU

Hi all, Just want to let you know that we arrived safely. we arrived here around 9:30 last night and we were exhausted. Erik and I thought that we might be able to go out and get something to eat for our anniversary as we hadn't eaten since lunch. We have a nurse traveling with us that offered to watch Emma, but by the time we got in our rooms and got our luggage it was after 10:00 and Emma really needed to get to bed. Besides I don't think I could leave her. We were really tired. Well I guess it's nice that we get to spend our anniversary in a five start hotel. The White Swan is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are just so nice.Today we take Emma to her medical exam. I hope all goes well. She has started to show us a whole other side of her. She is definitely a spicey girl from Jaingxi! Yesterday she got really mad at me a clinched her fists and started to cry and looked at me and screamed. I just looked at her back and couldn't believe that this sweet(as though we thought) little girl could be doing this. I sat there in amazement. I just wanted to laugh. I told her no and she started to suck her finger to calm herself down and then we had Emma back. She really has attitude. She was a happy little girl after that.
I will try to post more later and try to get in touch with those of you I haven't yet. I have tried everyone and will keep trying. We just have such a busy schedule. When I have time to SKYPE it is in the middle of the night there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janeane and I have been calling, e-mailing and Skyping all day waiting to hear all is well even though we knew we wouldn't hear anything. Good thing emma has her own voice and can show you she's mad. that's a good ehalthy sign so soon. Eagerly awaiting Emma.....

Love MOM xxxooo

Anonymous said...

So-she has a mind of her own! That's a good thing! Good luck with her exam and Happy Anniversary!! Love Janeane

Anonymous said...

Hi guys....
Glad to see you made it to Guangzhou OK. It must be wuite hot there - it's usually quite hazy too! Jamie did some of the same things that Emma has done, she would get quite expressive and then suck her finger and be OK. I'll email you a couple of photos where Jamie had her medical exam - probably the same office you will go to. It really is beautiful around the White Swan - a nice area to talk a walk. Give the little darlin' a hug and kiss for us and we'll talk soon. Love Dad, (Poppy John), Sandy and Jamie.

Mike and Rhonda said...

Too cute and Happy Anniversary