Sunday, October 19, 2008

WE MADE IT TO NANCHANG

It has been a very day long again. We got up and had to have our luggage in the hallway bt 8:00 am. That really wasn't a problem since I was up a 5:00 am. I really wanted to SKYPE Katie. We had a nice conversation.
Today we went to the Foribbiden city. It is so much more than I could ever explain. Words can not even begin to explain what we saw today. What an incredible place. After we went to the Forbidden City we went to tour Houtong. I have to tell you this is so far my favorite place that we have visited. It showed you some real life right in the middle of Beijing. There is so much history that goes along with Houtong. There is way to much to start blogging about it. If you get to tour it, GO! It is a very enlighting experience. These people look like they live in poverty. Their houses are made up of alleys ways and hallways that adjion everyone's rooms together. It is made up of a couple of families. They share their kitchen and dinning areas. Even in the winter they can cook in the kitchen but, they have to go outside to get to the dining room. It is so hard to explain. They just live the simple life and are very happy with the way they live. They are very proud of who they are. It really gives you a whole new perspective on our lives here in the US. If I can I will try to post pictures. There is so much to Houtong that I would love to tell you about but, I would be here all night and I have to go to bed because tomorrow is Emma day.
We flew off to Nanchang at 5:20 and got into the hotel about 8:30. We set up our rooms to get for the babies tomorrow morning at 10:00. There was so much to do. We all decided to meet at Melissa's room to go over anything that we felt we might need to touch base on. We have a couple of new parents that needed a little help. Now I am here and getting very nervous and excited about our day tomorrow. I just hope that Emma's transition goes well. We have a very bust day tomorrow and I hope that I will be able to post at least one picture,maybe more. This poor little girl is going to be taken away from the only life that she has ever known. We know that her life with us is going to be a good one but, I can't help but worry about her little life.
I am going to try and post a few pictures from yesterday and a few others.
See all of you tomorrow with Little Miss M.

Good night!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see her! Just relax and be a mom-you've always been a great mom and if you just do what comes naturally for you she'll love you and you'll both be fine-you too Erik! Remember to enjoy her and not worry too much about how she reacts. Kids are very adaptable and she's so lucky to be getting the two of you to love and care for her! Good luck!! Love Janeane

Mike and Rhonda said...

Ohhh! I cannot wait. So excited for you...

Evelyn said...

Tearing up here. I can't believe you are just a few hours away from Emma.Sending positive vibes, that the transition is smooth.

(hugs)
Evelyn

Cheryl said...

Oh, Kathy, I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to see you with Emma!!!
Panda hugs,
Cheryl

Diane said...

Hi Kathy and Erik! I can't wait to see Emma in your arms, finally! Glad to hear that you are having a wonderful time in China! This is so exciting!
Love,
Di

the mommy said...

Kathy we will be watching and praying everything goes well for you and Emma. Just remember if she grieve hard it is OK she will get through it and so will you and Erik.. i love you guys...

Anonymous said...

Kath & Erik: We are sitting here tonight and know in less than 1 hour you will have your little Emma in your arms – looking at the glint in her eyes and she looking at the tears in your eyes. I know you are both excited and anxious, waiting for the time she comes into the room and you finally have her in your arms. It has been a long journey. Emma will be just fine - I am sure she will look into yours and Erik’s eyes and know she is going home with people who will love, cherish and care for her the rest of her life. When Jamie came to us at the adoption center in Guangzhou I experienced emotions I never knew existed. The best to both of you and Katie as you begin your new journey. Remember, today is the first day of the rest of your life.
Love Dad, Sandy and Jamie (Long Feng) Flynn.

Billy and Maggie said...

I'm so happy and excited for you. Looking forward to the pics of that life changing moment. God bless!

Anonymous said...

Kathy and Erik, we are so happy that this part of your journey is almost over; we know you will both be giving Emma a loving and happy journey as she settles in with you. Pleae know we so happy for both of you and can't wait to see you both. Our love and tons of hugs for both of you and Emma. Aida and Angel.

S and H said...

Sooo happy for you guys!! I know you and Erik May have her right now!! It gives me chills thinking about it!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I had to post once more before bed. I'll check for more pictures and news before I leave for work in the morning. I hope you had a wonderful day and please make one of the hugs you give Emma from Aunt Janeane, Uncle Tom, Emily, Tommy & Olivia!! Love You!